Dr Taman Powell
Lecturer in Strategic Management and Innovation
- +44 (0)29 208 70059
Prior to academia, Taman worked for 10 years in management, starting in brand marketing with Procter & Gamble then moving to management consulting with Accenture.
- PhD (Warwick) 2008 'The Evolution of Organisational Knowledge Management Approaches and Their Impact on Knowledge Related Practice: A Study of Management Consulting'. Special Commendation winner, 2009 Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards
- MBA with Distinction (INSEAD)
- Strategic Management
Additional teaching activities
Taman is Programme Director for the MSc in Business Strategy and Entrepreneurship.
Taman's research focuses on how organizations create and appropriate value. He has a specific focus on knowledge as a strategic resource and how organisational practices can leverage knowledge to maximise value creation and appropriation.
PhD supervision research interests
- Knowledge based view of the firm
- Professional service films
- Social networks and knowledge transfer
- Strategy and innovation
Awards and scholarships
- Special Commendation winner, Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards, 2009
- Awarded ESRC Post-doctoral Fellowship (Warwick and Harvard), 2008
- Awarded ESRC postgraduate studentship, 2007
- Winner of the 'Bentley College/HEC Outstanding Student Paper Award' and nominated for the 'William H. Newman Award' at the Academy of Management. 2004
- Nominated for Society for the Advancement of Management Studies Studentship (one nomination is made by each university), 2004
- Received MBA with distinction, INSEAD, France, 1999.
Search our faculty by their research expertise
Search our faculty by the topics of PhD thesis they wish to supervise