Professor Mike Wickens
Professor of Economics
- +44 (0)29 208 75722
- S36, Aberconway Building, Colum Drive, Cardiff, CF10 3EU
My general research interests are in macroeconomics and finance, the connections between the two, and in developing new analytical and empirical tools.
I have published papers in the following areas:
- Macroeconomics: intertemporal macro models, real business cycle theory, the sustainability of fiscal policy, monetary policy, exchange rate models, the consumption function.
- Finance: Bond, equity and FOREX asset pricing; strategic asset allocation, the term structure of interest rates, the behaviour of the stock market, foreign exchange markets, international CAPM, mortgage-backed securities, commodity models.
- Econometrics : cointegration, VAR analysis, economic convergence, rational expectations, learning, estimation theory and inference. I have advised the House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee in all of their investigations since their inception: on monetary policy and globalisation.
PhD supervision research interests
- Macroeconomics and finance, the connections between the two, and developing new analytical and empirical tools
- Former Managing Editor, The Economic Journal
- Specialist Advisor, House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee Fellow of the CEPR Fellow of CESifo
- Consultant to the International Monetary Fund and the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation Education
Search our faculty by their research expertise
Search our faculty by the topics of PhD thesis they wish to supervise