Professor Keith Robson
- +44 (0)29 208 75514
- MA (Econ)
- BA (Econ)
- Accounting and New Public Management
- Accounting and Social Theory
- Contemporary Auditing Methodologies
- Diffusion and adoption of the balanced scorecard
- Performance measurement in the pharmaceutical industry
- Professions and professionalization
Translation processes in the institutionalization of management accounting innovations. An innovative and theoretically informed development of studies of the spread, implementation and use of management accounting innovations. SSHRC $140,000. 2010-2014.
Risk Audit, Audit Practices and organisational Legitimation. With Professor Chris Humphrey (University of Manchester), Rihab Khalifa (Warwick) and Nina Sharma (Cardiff). End-of-award report graded ‘Outstanding’. ESRC funded study £112,000. 2005-2007.
Risk Audit, Audit Practices and organisational Legitimation. With Professor Chris Humphrey (University of Manchester), Rihab Khalifa (Warwick). Funded by the University of Manchester Federal School (£10,000). 2002-2004
Professional Socialization and Career Development: organisational and Institutional Controls in Big Six firms. Principal Researcher (with Dr Christopher Grey and Research Associate, Ms Fiona Anderson-Gough). This is a project funded by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (£45,505). 1999-2001.
Education and Training: Pass Rates Implementation 1998-1999. Principal Researcher (with Principal Researcher Professor Keith Hoskin). This project is connected both to the ERDF project on training the accounting literate business professional and the ICAEW Pass Rates project research below. Funding is provided by the Education and Training Directorate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants In England and Wales (ICAEW) - £15,000.
Training and Socialization of Auditors in Small and Medium sized Firms: Making the Accounting-literate Business Professional. Principal Researcher (with Project Officer, Ms. Fiona Anderson-Gough). A project funded by the European Union under the ERDF. Funding £109,000. 1998-2000.
The Local Management of Schools Initiative: Allocations, and the Creation and Implementation of Budgets Principal Researcher (with Principal Researchers: Mrs Pam Edwards; Professor Mahmoud Ezzamel and a Research Associate Ms Christine McLean). A project funded by the Research and Technical Board of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). Funding £32,000. 1996-98
ICAEW Pass Rates Project Principal Researcher (with Principal Researchers: Professor John Arnold (MBS); Professor Keith Hoskin (UMIST); Professor Andrew Stark (MBS); Dr Christopher Grey (University of Leeds)). A project funded by the Education Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants In England and Wales (ICAEW). Funding approximately £40,000. 1996-1997
Making Up Accountants: The Training and Socialization of Trainee Auditors: 1995-97 Principal Researcher (with Dr Christopher Grey of University of Cambridge and Research Associate Ms Fiona Anderson) funded by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (£29,500)
The Local Management of Schools Initiative: Allocations, and the Creation and Implementation of Budgets Research Co-ordinator (with Principal Researchers: Ms Pam Edwards; Professor Mahmoud Ezzamel and a Research Associate, Ms Margaret Taylor). 1993-1995.
Accounting for the Standard Setting Process: Principal Researchers with Professor D.J. Cooper. This project was funded by the Research Board of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (£2,000) in conjunction with an ESRC funded study of Accounting Regulation as Corporatist Control (£45,000: Contract holders Professor David J. Cooper, Professor A.G. Puxty & Professor H.C. Willmott) 1986-1988.
PhD supervision research interests
- Audit practices
- Gender, equality and diversity in professions
- Performance measurement in pharmaceutical companies
- Regulation of audit
- Co-organiser of the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eighth and Tenth Interdisciplinary Perspectives On Accounting Conference (IPA), Manchester July 1994, 1997, 2000 and Cardiff 2006, 2012.
- Director of the Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Accounting Research Group, (IPARG), Cardiff Business School 2008-
- Co-organiser of the Doctoral Colloquium of the European Accounting Association
- Board and Doctoral Committee of the European Accounting Association. 2012-
- Doctoral Fellow of the European Accounting Association (EAA), London, March 1987
- Doctoral Fellow of the American Accounting Association, Cincinnati, August 1987
- Editor of Accounting, organisations and Society
- Associate Editor of British Accounting Review (2005-2013)
Editorial Board Member
- Accounting and Behavioural Research
- Accounting, organisations and Society
- British Accounting Review
- Critical Studies in Finance
- International Journal of Auditing
- Journal of Contemporary Accounting & organisational Change
Search our faculty by their research expertise
Search our faculty by the topics of PhD thesis they wish to supervise