Dr Ahmad Jamal
Senior Lecturer in Marketing and Strategy
- +44 (0)29 208 76838
- R36, Aberconway Building, Colum Drive, Cardiff, CF10 3EU
- Ph.D, Bradford University School of Management, 1997 (supervisor: Dr Malcolm Chapman)
- Year Two (UG): Buyer Behaviour
- Year Three (UG): Advertising, Communication and Promotion Management
- Customer Evaluation of Brands
- Customer Involvement and Response to Islamic Banking and Finance
- Customer Satisfaction, Service Quality and Use of Technology in Customer-Firm Interactions
- The Interplay of Marketing, Ethnicity and Consumption
PhD supervision research interests
- Consumer behaviour British muslims
- Culture, identity and consumption
- Effects of self-image congruence
- Islamic marketing, banking and finance
- Online brand equity
Program Director, MSc in Strategic Marketing, Cardiff (2008-2012).
Coordinator, Ethnic Marketing Research Group, Cardiff
Jan 2011-todate: Member of PEEAC (Pan European Education Advisory Committee) – an Executive Committee of the Federation of European Direct Marketing (FEDMA)
2009-to date: Senior Examiner, Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing, The Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK since 2009
2007-2011: Vice President for UK, the Academy for Global Business Advancement, USA.
2007- 2011: Managing Editor for the Journal of Global Business Advancement (JGBA)
External Examiner, University of Bournemouth (effective Jan 2012)
Past External Examiner, University of Surrey
Past Examiner, Manchester Metropolitan University
1998-2002: Deputy Secretary, Academy of Marketing, United Kingdom
1996-todate: Member of the Association for Consumer Research, USA
1996-todate: Member of the European Academy of Marketing
Program Chair and Conference Director for Academy of Global Business Advancement 5th World Congress, held in Bahrain Nov 15 to Nov 19, 2008
Program Chair and Conference Director for First South Asian International Conference (SAICON 2008) hosted by COMSATS, PAKISTAN in association with the Academy of Global Business Advancement, Islamabad, Nov 12-14, 2008.
Member Plenary Session: Royal Bank International Research Seminar, 22-24 Sepember 2011; Montreal, Canada.
Panellist for the “Ethnic and Minority Marketing” track at the Academy of Marketing Science’s international conference entitled “Cultural Perspectives in Marketing;” January 16-19, 2008, New Orleans, LA. USA.
Guest Speaker and a Panellist - International Conference of Marketing and Retailing held in Kuala Lumpur, May 29 to 31 May 2007.
Reviewer for leading texts for Consumer Behaviour, Marketing Communications
Reviewer for leading academic journals such as the European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Management and Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services.
Member Editorial Advisory Board: South Asian Journal of Global Business Research published by Emerald.
Work conducted by Ahmad in association with IBFC-UK was featued in the online version of a special report on Islamic Banking and Finance published by The Times on 30th April 2013