Dr John Doyle
Professor of Quantitative Analysis
- 2005-present Professor of Quantitative Analysis, Cardiff Business School
- 1997-2005 Distinguished Senior Research Fellow, Cardiff Business School
- 1985-1997 Lecturer in Business Information Systems, School of Management, Bath University (Director of Postgraduate Research, 1996-1997)
- 1985-1986 Research Officer, Dept of Industrial Management, Newcastle University / DTI
- 1983-1985 Support Programmer then Marketing Manager, Real Time Systems
- 1982-1983 Research Assistant, Sussex University
- BSc Psychology, 1st Class Hons., 1979, Newcastle University
- DPhil Experimental Psychology, 1985, Sussex University
- MA Management Education, 1992, Lancaster University & ESC Lyon (joint award)
- Behavioural economics
- Heterogeneous research interests includes those in marketing (e.g. visual projection of the brand, linguistic approaches)
- Judgment and decision making (intertemporal choice, making numerical judgements, MCDM)
- Quantitative Methods (classification algorithms, QQ plots, Data Envelopment Analysis, The inefficiency of markets).
Have published widely in a variety of leading (4*) journals, e.g. Cognitive Psychology, Management Science, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Consumer Psychology, Marketing Science, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.